free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: The Intro

Friday, May 20, 2005

The Intro

Greetings, everyone...I'm here with my first blog!

Believe it or not, I'm shy...

Here I am, a writer by profession, shy to say whats on my mind. But, that could be because of a number of reasons: 1. It's almost 3am and I'm hella sleepy; 2. I'm so sleepy I forgot the second reason; 3. oh, yeah, because this is my first blog!

It's still ironic. As much as I burn my friend's ears off about so many things, love, work, Islam, travel, literature, magazines, being 25, marriage, marriage, marriage...the words are like, nah, man, we aint leaving your head, we ain't going out there!

But, atleast let me explain my url name: well, 'Honey, I Love' is a book of poetry that I fell in love with as a child who practically lived in the library. The poetry expresses the democratic love that children often experience. The narrator's poetry reflects on things like, the softness of her mothers arm; trying on her mothers coat and purse and feeling so pretty; 'getting down' with the Earth Wind & Fire and the Jackson 5; jumping double dutch and rhyming to the beat of the rope hitting the ground, and many other things. I definely saw myself reflected in this book as a young girl; the narrator and I certinaly had the same musings and according to the illustrations in the book, we looked the same, too: earth toned complextion and a shiny black afro - she was me.

I'll be back, though. I have a feeling this is going to be fun...

5 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! Laylah has a blog..I'm so happy you can grace us with your words now..on line.

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,
Thank you so much for sharing "You" with me. I smiled many times as I tried to visualize you. Stay shy and sweet !

You have helped me to increase my vocabulary :0 )
"blogger" -I have never heard the word and I am assuming it means a bio on onesself that takes place on the net ? hummm, right or wrong, let me know.
Looking forward to meeting you in person, if it is written. inshaAllah

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Nsenga A. Knight, Artist said...

ASA,
Aight Laylah... das cool you got a blog. You are still pretty eloquent in the wee hours of the morning.

Salaams sis!

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laylah has them dope skills!

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laylah is the truth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home