free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: I Don't Know

Sunday, June 05, 2005

I Don't Know


Confucius say: Dont push me cause I'm close to the edge, I'm tryin' not to loose my head, ha ha ha ha...


I admit: I have no idea.

Maybe we are all actors, acting like we know. Or wearing masks as Paul Laurence Dunbar scripted in his lyric poetry - but that's different.

To pretend is not my thing.

Some of us know. But there isn't a collective pool of knowledge that we all reference. There are several. If there was one source of knowledge that we pulled from, we would all be on the same page and that is not the case. There are just some notions that some folks value and others trash.

This means dealing with the people in our lives on a individual basis. Seeking to understanding their unique histories. Indeed we should champion our personal philosophies that we've engineered from experience - but life would be easier if we didn't frame others with it.

In L.A. everyone proclaimed to be 'free thinkers', they were not of course, but imagine if people did actually free their thoughts or at least extract judgment from them?

Imagine if women or Black people weren't impelled to a monolith.

Lately I've been reminded that I don't know. But, there are some things that I have come to know. How did learn? By putting myself in a position where not knowing would help me to know. I contextulized my ignorance and came out with knowledge.

Is that how it works?

Is knowledge hard earned? "Information" is passed around freely, given and taken, but "knowledge" seems to be hard earned. Is knowledge is worn information? The word mistake comes to mind.

Why does not knowing feel so terrible at times?

Why does the process of learning leave me bruised?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home