free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Abroad

Monday, August 29, 2005

Abroad















Singelgracht in Amsterdam

Before I move, and before school gets too underway, I must get my passport stamped, once again. We've been trying to get to Amsterdam for a minute. Been trying to get an assignment there since forever. A weekend trip is sounding real nice. My friend is leaving for Amsterdam very soon, and I am inspired by his trip.

You know what else is looking really nice?
Berlin! I hear its such a fresh city. The only thing is fall and winter are approaching and I'm not trying to spend
beaucoup dollars to go somewhere and freeze, nah dude. Everyone is like go to the Caribbean. Maybe. I'm not loving the idea just yet. Maybe when all that lovely snow arrives, it'll whet my palette for Negril or Nassau. But for now, nah. I wanna go somewhere that requires a money exchange and a Lonely Planet. Africa!? Kenya, South Africa, Senegal, Morocco (450 bucks). Well, yes, of course, but I'm talking about leaving in a few weeks. Don't know if I can afford the Motherland in a few weeks. In a few months, probably.

So many places to visit, so little time and
faloos!

6 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

Love this Blog!

Stop by the show and play "Da Numba" you just might hit!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, cool blog by the way.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Passport is my middle name. Now if I can just get the rest of my book stamped up, I'm good!

Yes get out, and be out. Whole world to see. Like your background.

Just passing thru....
Bk Babe

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Deluge said...

deluge (okp) says: come visit amsterdam anytime.. we'll show yall around

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Meadow said...

Extensive traveling is definitely on my "seven things" list. Went to the caribbean last year - 7 day boat cruise. Had the time of my life.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger MsPerdie said...

I used to live in Germany, and went to Berlin when the "Wall" was still up. It was scary back then, but the "free" side was VERY beautiful. You should DEFINITELY make a trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home