free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Ai No Corrida

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Ai No Corrida

Ah, If I can only finish this essay on Quincy Jones' The Dude. This is an important album, for many, many reasons. I'll tell you why when I am done with the thing. My fellowship is counting on it. The essayist in me lives for it. The little girl in me wants to recount the memories of trying to figure out why James Ingram needed to know what he was doing wrong. I thought the voice rapping on The Dude slickest thang to funnel through my tiny ears. I also thought the statue on the album cover was The Dude - not my current self, but the kid in me came to that conclusion. When I'm done with this piece of writing, I plan to talk about the dopeness known as Al Jarreau.

Oh, oh, oh, Asha Bandele is having a reading of her new book at the Corridor Gallery tonite @ 7, see you there!

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger jb said...

How was the Bandele reading? I love the title.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

Got there at the ending. I got lost :( I love the title of the book too, too!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the tail end of her feature on 20/20...hope to catch it next time. I didn't realize it was her until it was going off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home