free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Seven Things

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Seven Things

Taking a break from work.

Seven Things I…

Plan to Do Before I Die:

1. Become a professor of Letters.
2. Finish school.
3. Get married and have kids!!!
4. Live in Asia. And, Africa, once again
5. Write a book, have work published in the New York Times, New Yorker & Best American Essays among other places.
6. Have atleast a million dollars in my possession, at once time.
7. There is so much more!

Things I Can Do:

1. write an article/essay
2. Belly dance!
3. ignore the heck out of someone
4. find a way from no way
5. LOVE!
6. get a good sleep on the NYC subway
7. work a light meter

Things I Can’t Do:

1. Get over my fear, when I need to...well sometimes
2. cry at a funeral
3. Tell people what I really want (mostly when I’m in a relationship), ditto...
4. jump double dutch and eat fast
5. say no...well, sometimes
6. carry more than 1 bag. I hate being a bag lady
7. Lie to myself. Ditto...

Things I say most:

1. Well,
2. I don't know...
3. Bismillah (said mostly in my head)
4. *sigh*
5. say it again/can you repeat youself
6. what do you mean?
7. um, this is not my issue/this has nothing to do w/me

Things that attract me to the opposite sex
1. SINCERITY & SANITY & HONESTY & HUMILITY...for goodness sake!
2. ah, his fear of his creator
3. Nice hair, unless you're this man
4. maturity and a sense of perspective
5. Ambition and drive and vision
6. Beautiful eyes and lips and nice beefcake arms
7. gentleness

Celebrity crushes
1. Common
2. Common
3. Common
4. This Man
5. Bryce Wilson of Groove Theory (such a cutie..why u dont roll thru the Masjid no mo?)
6. Chiwetel Ejiofor - my dirty, pretty thang
7. Jason Marsalis

Copy and post...see ya!

3 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chiwetel Ejiofor is one hot brit, loved him in dirty pretty things, awesome actor, anywho awesome blog ya ukhtee...from another musleema to another, keep it up:)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Meadow said...

Being able to find a way from no way is essential. Good for you!

Bismillah ... So, you're Muslim? If so, As-Salaam Alaikum. :) If not, scratch that. lol!

Your blog colors rock. :)

Thanks for dropping by and I hope to see you again. :)

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i found u thru Will...great post! I'm blog jackin hope you don't mind. some of your answers are soooooooooo similar to mine. good to know others feel the same

Great blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home