free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Sleep!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Sleep!

I'm still up. Insomnia has caught hold of me on the wrong night. I have to be to work very early tomorrow, it is almost 1:30am and I am still up looking at the 4 walls. Really, I've been up since Thursday. I had a horrible day on Friday: Rite Aid ruined my negatives to some very important pics. They are going to catch hell for that. I spent the weekend in my second favorite city, DC. The Anacostia Museum had a great exhibit on the Muslim presence in early America. After that Mazi and I watched Hotel Rwanda in its entirety. I had a less than stellar ride back to NYC on the Chinese bus. I jumped off the bus and then I went straight to a screening of the Battle of Algiers at the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement offices. Such a good movie. I am so interested in the struggles, past and present, that take place on the continent. I am into learning more about colonization, it has so many parallels to the sophisticated ways of oppression that is happening right now. Gentrification, for instance.

I am also very excited about moving. Oh, and my latest trip to the Left Coast in about 3 weeks. I am so hopeful that this trip will be so much fun. I have a lot of things on my mind, perhaps that is why I still cannot sleep after almost three days of being awake. I hate to pop some sleeping pills but if I'm not sleep by 2, then I dont know, man.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 AM, Blogger southern_fried_kitty said...

Hopefully you're asleep by now. If not HIT ME UP. You're welcome to do some writing for me. Mos and I are having a lil party, he's performing Got, his 13th time this month his roadie is getting the props ready for Ms. Fat Booty and after that, he's going to perform my favorite lines from Bamboozled. I have water and tea and juice and soda and milk and chocolate milk and coffee and flavored coffee and coffee flavors and if you're hungry I have crackers too, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home