free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Sleep!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Sleep!

I'm still up. Insomnia has caught hold of me on the wrong night. I have to be to work very early tomorrow, it is almost 1:30am and I am still up looking at the 4 walls. Really, I've been up since Thursday. I had a horrible day on Friday: Rite Aid ruined my negatives to some very important pics. They are going to catch hell for that. I spent the weekend in my second favorite city, DC. The Anacostia Museum had a great exhibit on the Muslim presence in early America. After that Mazi and I watched Hotel Rwanda in its entirety. I had a less than stellar ride back to NYC on the Chinese bus. I jumped off the bus and then I went straight to a screening of the Battle of Algiers at the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement offices. Such a good movie. I am so interested in the struggles, past and present, that take place on the continent. I am into learning more about colonization, it has so many parallels to the sophisticated ways of oppression that is happening right now. Gentrification, for instance.

I am also very excited about moving. Oh, and my latest trip to the Left Coast in about 3 weeks. I am so hopeful that this trip will be so much fun. I have a lot of things on my mind, perhaps that is why I still cannot sleep after almost three days of being awake. I hate to pop some sleeping pills but if I'm not sleep by 2, then I dont know, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home