free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Come see me, tomorrow!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Come see me, tomorrow!

Greetings, dear readers. Just back from Chicagoland. Had an wonderful trip. Had some rough spots, but everything came out wonderful. I'm trying not to let my sadness overcome me, the New Orleans situation is just so unbelieveable. My heart is broken. I am going to try to reroute that energy into Katrina relief efforts, school and art. In the meantime, come peep me tomorrow at the MX80 Exhibit @ 7pm, aight.

MX80: a fine arts contemplation of the life & legacy of Malcolm X
Exhibition & Auction www.malcolmx80.com
September 8-29,2005

Thursday Sept 8th, 2005 7-10pm
OPENING RECEPTION
Sounds curated by Lumumba aka DJ Revolution

Featured Artists:
Laylah Amatullah Barrayn, Anthony Bonair, Miles Bumbray, Wesley Clarck, Nigel Clarke, William Cordova, Jimmy James Greene, Leslie Hewitt, William Jones, Eric Mack, Githinji Wa Mbire, Eesuu Odundide, Marc Andre Robinson, Hank Willis Thomas, Amanda Williams

BRECHT FORUM GALLERY
451 West St. (between Bethune & Bank)
Below 12th St. along Westside Highway
A,C,L,1,2,3 trains to 14th St.

Events:
Thursday Sept 15th 7pm
ARTIST TALK
Moderated by Rashida Bumbray of the Studio Museum in Harlem

Thursday Sept 22nd 6:30pm
FILM SCREENING
Curated by Listen Up! & National Black Planning Consortium

Thursday Sept 29th 7-10pm
CLOSING RECEPTION & FINAL AUCTION
Reading by Asha Bendele from her new book, "The Subtle Art of Breathing"
*All events also at the Brecht Forum
A Project of the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement

7 Comments:

At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

with this stuff it is now possible for you to work from home and forget about your boss and commuting forever. Take control and make your own future while you still have the time

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Rell said...

If i was in your area I sincerely would. Good luck though and "knock it out the park" as they say.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Phukofku Gale said...

I'm in BK along the AC. I'm gonna try and come holla.

Best wishes.

-Chrome*

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Rell said...

how'd it go?

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

Oh, Rell, the exhibit was wonderful! The pieces are so beautiful. I wish you could have made the opening. But, the show will be on view until the end of the month. So, If you are in NY, please stop by. THere are other events happening during the month as well.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

Awesome! Food for you!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Hey Sis do you think can shoot me an email as well for events like these... keep me coming my email is
brooklynbabeblossoms@myway.com

thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home