free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Orange Moon

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Orange Moon



First, I'd like to *hug* my fellow bloggers. Thank you for the posts and emails. My blueness has faded away.

Sometimes the most simplistic things are slow to realize, they take much time to discover. While I feel so far away from my traveling friend, I realize the distance is not so great. Last night, from Brooklyn, I marveled at the moon and watched it meander across the sky. My friend also, stationed home, across the Atlantic, watched the trajectory of the moon, gashing through the sky, prancing through the navy blue marsh space to finally exit gracefully for the arrival of the sun. Same moon, we watched. Not at the same time, but it was the same moon. What unity. What connectedness. That thought was so filling for me. All day I thought of this very simple notion of concord and harmony. Reminded me of Surah Rahman where we are asked which favor of our Lord will we deny? None.

3 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

That is a beautiful thought, being under the same sky. Makes me think of the one I love, too.

And these last few nights, the moon has been amazing to behold.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

The moon has been amazing these past few nights, indeed!
Being under one sky reaffirms the notion of one humanity...

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

Beautiful photo and very beautiful thoughts...Thanks for visiting my blog and for leading me back to yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home