free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: The weekend.

Friday, September 30, 2005

The weekend.



I'm walking out the door. I'd like to tell you about the closing reception but I gotta get my Friday on. The event was hella cool. Wonderful crowd, food and live music. More later.

My feet are cold, I need some shoes! And, socks! What happened to summer, y'all? Maybe I should retire my sandals(*weeping*), with it being like 55 degrees and all. So, I guess this weekend will be shopping, banking, printing and framing. (And, first Saturdays @ the Brooklyn Museum of Art AND a nice dinner somewhere and the SPA, SPA, SPA, well, maybe.) I am really going to holla at some long johns. I might pick up a NANO, too, I'm not sure. I'm afriad of the screen breaking. Maybe an IRiver maybe one of the cute Sony MP3 players - they have the pink ones exclusively at Target. I'll find the right MP3 player soon enough. No rush.

The pic is of my girl Busi Mlongo. Yup, she's real fly, kinda like Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan and Earth Wind & Fire rolled up in one, South African style, of course. I saw Ms. Lady in Cape Town in 2003 and she tore the house down, I didn't know what she was saying but I was doing the Electric Slide, Kid'N Play, Running Man, Humpty Dance, Cabbage Patch, Crip Walk, the Wop, the butt, etc, throughout the whole show. Sam Jackson was standing right next to me, he wasn't dancing, though. He gotta be cool, like Shaft and sh*t. I really miss South Africa. I need to check it out again. It's such a haunting and beautiful place. Ah, soon enough...

In the meantime I'm visiting some cool peeps, you should too: BomaniBabatunde, Akintoye, Jimi Izreal, Scott - Mr. Hung, Hassan Le French, Renee Dupree Goddess, Nappy Diatribe, The Foxy Brown Show!, Chrome (Mr. GetttingMeInTrouble@work), Mr. Poet/Jazzman - the lovers' Lover.

More visits later. My Turtle Nut Iced Latte is calling. Shop shop!

7 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

I love the way you introduce me to so much culture.

Peace & Blessings, beloved.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

You hold it down Laylah!
Have a great weekend and keep us informed!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Ddot the King said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I dig it. You are quite entertaining. I'll be back over to visit you. Have fun shopping and I'll get you my sizes so you can pick up me some stuff!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Stacy-Deanne said...

Sounds like you have a good time with almost anything you do! You go, girl! I admire your ability to kick back and have fun. I am the total opposite. If it isn't on my schedule I don't do it, LOL! But damn do I need a vacation!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said...

No time for Toes out unless they got a heater with them...lol.
Enjoy UR weekend.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

Goddess, girl, I'm glad you can pick up a few thangs from my site. Your site is very graceful, like virtual Feng Shui!

Foxy, thanks! I'll see you over on your side of internet town!

Ddot, thank you as well and welcome!

Stacy, you sound really organized, something I have to relearn. Need some structure in my life, for sure!

BrooklynBabe, I must admit, I did wear the sandals yesterday, and I'm going to wear them today as well, it's 80 degrees!

Akin, yeah, I know u feel me on that. Don't u just want to hop back over there for a minute? SA has carved a place into my heart.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

I enjoyed this post. I'm debating on the Nano also, but it's getting some negative reviews.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home