free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Judgment

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Judgment

I've been so tied up that I haven't blogged in a week. This morning I received an email from someone literally on the other side of the earth who gave me a job as a babysitter when I was 18 years old. I was so offended by her email. And, when my anger went down, I felt my heart breaking. I felt judged. I hate to feel judged by those who you consider your friends, sisters and brothers. I had a conversation the other day with someone who I am trying not to love as much. He asked me something that I took with great offence because I felt he was judging me. I didn't let him know because I didn't want to seem silly or confrontational, plus it was probably all in my mind, but my hurt feelings were real and brought forth real tears.

7 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger princessdominique said...

Girl I'm about to go on a blog break. Too much stuff to do so I feel you.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

I hate being judged negatively, too. But usually, after I get over the initial shock and hurt, it inspires me to prove them wrong. And that strengthens my ambition and determination.

There was a project I had planned to work on for about two months until my sister said something very inconsiderate to me. Girl, I got that project done the next week, lol. I wanted to prove her wrong.

My point is, pardon the cliche, every knock is a boost ... if you let it be.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

Goddess said it all!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

Goddess - Every knock is a boost, you know I never heard that before? It's not a cliche to me! I'm gonna rock that saying, thanks for that!

Thanks Marcus also for the words of wisdom, mwah!

Chubby, I hear that!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Meadow said...

My pleasure, sista. :)

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger The Foxybrown Show said...

When you wake up and you are happy every morning.... God mad that happen and in the beginning and in the end...God is the only one that can judge you!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Rell said...

Yea, not saying that you should, but I just eventually learned to block it out and equate people judging or hating on me as their ignorance and a sign of my greatness.

That's who i handle it, but I feel you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home