free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: And I heard Them Say

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

And I heard Them Say

I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him. ~Booker T. Washington

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain. ~James Baldwin

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. ~Author Unknown

When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal. ~Author Unknown

I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. ~From the television show The Wonder Years

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ~Malachy McCourt

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. ~Lewis B. Smedes

He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass. ~George Herbert

Optimists are nostalgic about the future. ~Chicago Tribune

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them. ~Michael Jordan

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you. ~African Proverb

It's pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed. ~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard

Many people are extremely happy, but are absolutely worthless to society. ~Charles Gow

just some general quotes from folks...


3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

I used to have the James Baldwin quote on my e-mail messages...Love that one.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Rizoh said...

Quotes i could actually use...nice

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

InsaneBW- aight! I'm here right wit cha.

CC- the James Baldwin quote hits it on the head, man...

Rizoh - Im glad you can dig it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home