free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Dreaming of Jazz

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Dreaming of Jazz


Someone please tell me why this man was in my dreams? I shouldn't share my dreams with you, but this one was plesantly unexpected. I dreamed that I married Jason Marsalis. Random dude, right? I'm probably listening to much to Los Hombres Calientes Vol I.

Usually my dreams are remnants of recent experiences. Well, I haven't seen Jason since January when we were in Barbados, he was touring with his father. So in the dream, all of which I don't remember, I believe we are in a theater, he's says lets get married and I'm like no, man. Then he gives me this serious look, the one he always has, and brings me close to him like he's going to kiss me. Jason is very, very tall (and handsome) in real life but in the dream he's a bit shorter. He asks me again and I say okay. So we get married and I am strangely happy with him, a drummer. (
Percussionists are fly, don't get me wrong; I'm just really a woodwind/brass woman, maybe even a keyplayer's girl) So, when I wake up this morning, I look around for Jason and he's not there. I sigh with disappointment.

Maybe I should pick up his record today.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger rdl said...

I like your dreams better than mine. Mine are usually (lately) guilt ridden or driven.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

Cool dream..hmmmmm! Maybe you should pick up the phone instead ;)

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

I'm a bass player's girl myself. ;)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

VERY NICE DREAM.

I'm more of a brass gyal also. I met his brother Wyton last year at Villa Montalvo. Very nice man. We took pics together and he took my friend and I out to dinner. Cool experience.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home