free website hit counter Spiced Tea & Letters: Feel No Pain

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Feel No Pain

I am crying. I hate this.

New Orleans cultural ambassador and trumpeter Irvin Mayfield's father, missing until two days ago:

"PERSONAL MESSAGE FROM MARK SAMUELS, PRESIDENT, BASIN STREET RECORDS
On behalf of my family and my company, I wish to send our condolences to Irvin Mayfield and his family. Irvin Mayfield, Sr. (Irvin's father) was identified this past weekend at the morgue and he appears to have drowned. A private ceremony will be held after Thanksgiving. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra at www.thenojo.com. The money will be spent on youth education."

It makes no sense.

RIP.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Meadow said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger The Brown Blogger said...

Wow, I'm stunned and saddened. What I do know is that the Creator has a master plan.

Knowing that comforts me and I hope you can find comfort in this too.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said...

Thanks Renee and Hassan.

There is a comfort in knowing there is a masterplan plan afoot, I agree, but at the moment, I am sad.

RIP. Mr Mayfield and all the other people who returned to the essence via Katrina.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said...

Very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home